|Add Date:||2017-07-05|| ||Pull Date:||2017-09-05|| |
|Week Ending:||10 Sep||3 Sep||27 Aug||20 Aug||13 Aug||6 Aug||30 Jul||23 Jul|
Post-punk from SF. Big and melodic but not without the noise. Epic guitars, ardent goth tendencies delivered by Sisters of Mercy style vox. Great stuff, going in my best of 2017 already.|
Related: Sisters of Mercy, Wire, Ty Segall, Iceage
Favorites: 1, 3, 5, 6, 7, 10
1. (3:39) ** KEEP YR KOOLS—Starts things off rocking. Dark driving Sisters of Mercy worship.
2. (2:56) WHA DO WHA DO—Total Wire inspiration. Upbeat, swinging.
3. (3:33) * ALL YOURS—Straightforward sardonic garage rock. Sick gits!
4. (3:20) DIDN’T—Romantic. Jangly guitars & occasional soloing. Nice noise breakdown in bridge.
5. (2:46) * TELL ME HOW IT IS—Minor key indie rock. Sounds like Interpol.
6. (4:12) ** PALE GAZE—Plodding, starts slow but builds in some serious riffs. Emotional late sunset feeling.
7. (3:54) ** IF U WERE MY GIRL—Ah yeah more of those post-punk guitars.. darker menacing vox, pounding drums. Gets noisier as it goes.
8. (4:03) AFRICAN RIPOFF—Killer blues riffs, head-nodding driving. Focus on the guitars here.
9. (3:29) PYRAMIDS—Glowing guitars & driving bass. Lots of reverb, huge sound.
10. (3:51) * MISS TAKEN—Slow wavering acoustic, echoes of neofolk.