|Myrrors, The / Hasta La Victoria|
|Add Date:||2017-07-20|| ||Pull Date:||2017-09-21|| |
|Week Ending:||10 Sep||27 Aug||20 Aug||13 Aug||23 Jul|
The Myrrors are from Phoenix, one of the staple groups on revered psych label Beyond Beyond is Beyond. This record starts off tense but evolves into something more vast, celestial, and ambient, drawing in inspiration from psychedelia, free jazz, folk, and ambient music. Sprawling organ and sax meditations throughout. |
Related: Third Ear Band, Hills, Quest for Fire, Lumerians
Favorites: 2, 4, 5
1. (10:01) Organ Mantra—Hypnotic, sort of annoying organ mantra. Rolling drums.
2. (3:03) * Somos La Resistencia—Pounding, frenetic, with sax and trenchant vox.
3. (6:31) Tea House Music—Calm, subdued, more atmospheric.
4. (3:14) * El Aleph—Another spacious ambient one. Droning violin pines across the desert sky.
5. (14:10) ** Hasta La Victoria—Like a sequel to track one. More pleasant organ mantra, joined by shakers and erratic ambient sounds. Midway changes into a spacious psych jam.