|Drums, The / "Abysmal Thoughts"|
|Add Date:||2017-07-26|| ||Pull Date:||2017-09-27|| |
|Week Ending:||1 Oct||24 Sep||17 Sep||10 Sep||3 Sep||27 Aug||20 Aug||13 Aug|
Abysmal Thoughts is the fourth studio album by New York City guitar pop The Drums. Abysmal Thoughts has a fascination with 1980s dream pop and C86 period vocals. Emotional and vintage.|
RIYL: Hoops, Crescendo, Beach Fossils, Young Tender and The Pains of Being Pure at Heart.
FCC WARNING: 8, 10
Recommended Tracks: 2, 3, 4, 7, 8 [FCC], 9, 10 [FCC]
1. (4:04) Mirror – Slow/medium tempo. Vocals, guitars and a changing beat. Dramatic. C86 forever.
2. (3:51) *I'll Fight For Your Life – Guitars a la 1982 Roxy Music’s Phil Manzanera period. Medium-up tempo. Synths as rhythmic base. Catchy.
3. (3:48) **Blood Under My Belt – Medium-up tempo. Fancy guitar pop with contagious melody and plenty of C86 infatuation for everyone.
4. (4:43) *Heart Basel – Another vintage guilty-ridden guitar pop track.
5. (3:36) Shoot The Sun Down – Vocal driven 1980s underground pop recording. Emotional and upbeat.
6. (4:38) Head Of The Horse – Slow synth crooner piece. 1980s pop dream.
7. (3:41) *Under The Ice – Medium-up tempo. Pleasant guitars and vocal melody.
8. (3:59) *Are U Fucked – FCC (Fucked). Slow tempo recording. Mellow, whispery vocals. Guitar and sax solo included.
9. (4:57) **Your Tenderness – Medium-up tempo. Sax and synth driven. Trippy vocals. Cool tune.
10. (3:07) *Rich Kids – FCC (Dickheads, Shits). Fast tempo track. Playful pop.
11. (3:50) If All We Share (Means Nothing) – Slow track. The ballad of the album.
12. (4:51) Abysmal Thoughts – Medium-up tempo. Friendly. Kind of 1980s R&B influenced. Emotional vocals galore.