|Mateus, Abelita / Vivenda|
|Add Date:||2017-08-10|| ||Pull Date:||2017-10-12|| ||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||15 Oct||8 Oct||1 Oct||24 Sep||17 Sep||10 Sep||3 Sep||27 Aug|
Brazilian jazz. 50/50 if this should be filed in jazz or world, but world got first dibs. So there! She has that slightly husky alto voice that’s perfect for Brazilian jazz but it’s her piano work that’s the superstar here. Quite a few original tracks, plus some classics. Stylish and low-key, with a nicely sophisticated flair. From Brazil, now based in NYC.|
*1. Mostly midtempo w/a late night, sexy kind of sway.
*2. Bright and so fun w/fast vocals & great guitar.
3. Trumpet into to mid/upbeat Jobim composition.
4. Upbeat and sunny jazz instrumental.
5. Introspective ballad w/a small-club feel. Pretty.
*6. Nicely bright Djavan track w/good work from the band.
*7. Mid/uptempo w/stylish, warm vocals.
*8. Another stylish track with a happy sway. Nice.
9. Mid/upbeat jazz instrumental track. Good arrangement.
10. Swaying and stylish love song, good vox & nice solos.
*11. Upbeat and bright, a solid arrangement w/style. Instr.