|Hammer, Tardo Trio / Swinging On A Star|
|Add Date:||2017-08-31|| ||Pull Date:||2017-11-02|| ||Charts:||Jazz|
|Week Ending:||17 Sep||10 Sep||3 Sep|
Straight-up small club jazz by noted New York sideman, Tardo Hammer on piano. With Lee Hudson on bass and Steve Williams on drums, this is a collection of tight arrangements and solid playing of jazz standards. Nothing earth shattering, but there’s a nice rapport between the trio and every track is well done.|
*1. Bright mid/upbeat with fast flourishes of piano. Nice.
2. Relaxed but swinging, good solos with a hint of samba.
3. Mid/up blend, nicely subtle with good bass solos.
*4. Fast jazz samba w/ nicely effortless sound from all.
5. Gentle and spare ballad, with a quiet & wistful air.
*6. Tripping fast with bright energy.
*7. Mostly midtempo take on a old chestnut. Nice.
8. Quiet, slow, and melodic w/some light flourishes.
9. Drums lead into quirky mid/upbeat Monk tune.