|Add Date:||2017-09-08|| ||Pull Date:||2017-11-10|| |
|Week Ending:||12 Nov||22 Oct||8 Oct||1 Oct||24 Sep||17 Sep|
Sparkling, rainbow-splashed instrumental shoegaze electronica from Stockholm. Warm, melodic, crisp and overlaid with just a little grit. Dreamy instrumentals with beats are a dime a dozen, but this gets over on the richness of its texture—the deep ring of the guitars, the grainy hits of the electronic percussion, the bent synth tones. Really pleasant stuff. RIYL Boards of Canada, M83, Gaussian Curve. Favorites: 2, 3, 6, 9. No words, no FCCs.|
1. (3:44)—IDM-esque footstep rhythm. Laserpoint synths shooting down hallways.
2. *(5:11)—Slow, shimmering, woozy, smooth. Drifting saxophone-esque sound.
3. *(5:46)—Mid-tempo, epic, dreamy electronic post-rock.
4. (3:17)—Slow post-punk strut. Prominent bass. Sounds like an opening to one of U2’s better songs.
5. (4:41)—Ambient space-funk, with a glitchy beat low in the mix.
6. *(2:31)—Slow, clicking beat. Deep, murky, lovely guitar chords.
7. (4:33)—Rubbery tick-tocking post-punk. Sun-fried guitar. Really scattershot percussion.
8. (4:59)—Pulsing space coldwave. Miasmah of dramatic synths, reverberating guitar hits.
9. *(6:20)–Wobbling synths. Begins like the first track, but prettier and less chilly. Goes full 80s sci-fi. The most danceable piece here.