|Add Date:||2017-12-31|| ||Pull Date:||2018-03-04|| |
|Week Ending:||14 Jan||7 Jan|
'80s-style electro cheese. Erasure has been on the club scene for over 2 decades and (anyone who played Robot Unicorn Attack can testify) are professionals at creating super-catchy tunes. Some lyrics are silly, while others are wonderfully thoughtful. Play anything off of this for some vogueing and get out your costumes because it's party time.|
RIYL Empire of the Sun, Goldfrapp
Recommended tracks: 1, 5, 8, 10
1. (4:27) A big, upbeat love song to start it off. Strong drum line and synth to round it out.
2. (3:21) Very silly lyrics with a heartfelt minor key ballad. Swells to an operatic interlude.
3. (3:40) Sweet, more minimalist title track slows things down a bit.
4. (3:13) Punctuated heartbeat of a drum with an optimistic chorus.
5. (4:03) "All the ghosts along the Castro were just walking by..." An LGBT AIDS-era power ballad. Amazing. AMAZING! But still it's not over.
6. (4:34) Mid/downtempo layered vocals with an optimistic synth line. Like the love theme from Stranger Things.
7. (3:55) A sappy, minor-key love song without an intense beat.
8. (4:16) '90s industrial midtempo grind! Different from anything else here.
9. (4:13) A choral lament about the lousy sum of nothing that's the state of the world. With a slack guitar-esque interlude.
10. (3:36) Ending with another upbeat track about how the world is gonna be a better place. Unbelievably happy.