|Fresh & Onlys, The / Wolf Lie Down|
|Add Date:||2017-09-08|| ||Pull Date:||2017-11-10|| |
|Week Ending:||17 Sep|
The sixth LP by this San Francisco band doesn't break any new ground as much as it encapsulates the churning, off-beat guitar rock they've nurtured since 2009's Grey-Eyed Girls. Wolf Lie Down is bristly and frazzled garage pop sound with a few exceptions and refinements.|
Like: Fleet Foxes, Woods, Wilco
Recommend to play: 2, 3, 5, 6
1. Wolf Lie Down (3:42) - Psych, garage rock, and a scoop of western twang.
2. One Of A Kind (6:06) - Crashing cymbals, surfy guitar, and soft harmonica.
3. Qualm Of Innocence (4:46) - Funky Americana charm with weird sci-fi noises.
4. Walking Blues (3:52) - Slow tempo, wispy riffs riding atop breezy melodies.
5. Dancing Chair (5:37) - Droning guitars and echoing synths that bridge psych-rock, noise pop.
6. Impossible Man (4:10) - Rattles and churns alongside a soaring melody.
7. Becomings (4:15) - Slow tempo western americana.
8. Black Widow (5:50) - Lovely, melancholy country/psych.