|Tani, Maurice / Lovers Card, The|
|Add Date:||2017-09-14|| ||Pull Date:||2017-11-16|| ||Charts:||Blues|
|Week Ending:||17 Sep|
Fixture of the local music scene, SF-based Tani is a singer/songwriter/guitarist/bassist/producer. He’s hard to pigeon hole. Folk/roots, Americana/alt-country, jazz/blues. He’s got a really engaging vocal style and is surrounded by a solid band. This release could be equally filed in blues, country, jazz, or rock. |
*1. Midtempo roadhouse blues rock. Very cool.
2. Downtempo lost love lament w/a jazzy flair.
3. Mostly midtempo rock jam w/a hip small-club feel.
*4. Slow ballad into midtempo love song w/Euro jazz sound.
*5. Low key mid/up rock. Coolly grungy.
6. Stripped down, relaxed folksy rock/jazz story song.
*7. Roadhouse-y romance, downtempo w/good pedal guitar.
*8. Vocal duet, low key romance. Slightly swampy, & good.
9. Cool mid/downtempo bluesy rock, nice vocals & guitar work.
10. Slow, and kind of quiet but also gently swaying romance.