|Add Date:||2017-11-26|| ||Pull Date:||2018-01-28|| |
|Week Ending:||28 Jan||21 Jan||14 Jan||7 Jan||31 Dec||24 Dec||17 Dec||10 Dec|
reviewed by amy cummings
I have only praises for this album, it’s so sweet and tender and pure, heartbreaking yet hopeful. Warm and gentle sounds incl guitar and some light percussion on most tracks. You can’t go wrong with anything on this album. It is soooooo good. Want to smile? Want to cry? Want to smile while you cry because you’re emotionally wise enough to feel both at once? That’s this album.
RIYL: Florist, Frankie Cosmos, Adult Mom, Girlpool, Joanna Newsom, acoustic Sufjan Stevens
1. **Interstate Vision (02:42): a strummy rumbly song about driving around, trying not to get too caught up in people’s problems.
2. ***Bam Sha Klam (03:44): song is darker in tone but very beautiful, about regrets and moving on, picks up about 2 minutes in with a refrain
3. From Here (04:23): starts slow, builds with a refrain toward the end, some good lightly twangy guitar
4. **Thx (01:48): This song delivers absolute breakup blues. Short and sweet, plucky with some ethereal background vocals. “Don’t be as sad as me.” Making sense of how to keep loving in spite of heartbreak :’(
5. **Out There (04:01): Vocals start asap so start with levels already up or on their way to avoid cutting off the beginning. Some nice crooning on this one. A fave on the album. Nice and existential, “I don’t know what’s out there.”
6.**Far Out (03:34): there’s violin in this one! Wow! And guitar! So wistful! And amazing!
7. Nvr (03:36): A smidge more rock sound at the beginning, breaks down a little toward the end.
8. Nervous Driver (02:24): Vocals harmonizing on a nice strummy guitar ballad about driving and feeling anxious because you aren’t sure if someone’s mad at you.
9. Mostly M.E. (02:56): Melancholy.
10. Only World (04:46): Also dark and driving, piano, longing, “When I get it I’ll give it all I got this time.”