|Robillard, Duke / Duke And His Dames Of Rhythm|
|Add Date:||2017-12-20|| ||Pull Date:||2018-02-21|| ||Charts:||Blues|
|Week Ending:||14 Jan||24 Dec|
So frickin’ good. Duke’s homage to the fun and sassy music of the 1920s and 30s, featuring seriously great horns, Duke on acoustic guitar, and a rotating cast of female vocalists that keep things swinging. Part blues, part jazz, all so damned good. Every track worth a play. Great stuff, sophisticated & top notch.|
1. Delicious upbeat retro swing.
2. Lush and sultry, ballad. Slow, picks up at about 1:50.
3. Slow and stylish classic, picks up and gets swinging.
4. Sexy ballad with Madeline Peyroux channeling Billie Holliday
5. Nicely swinging midtempo w/vocals by Duke.
6. Down and dirty blues ballad.
7. Midtempo love gone wrong w/great vocals & trumpet.
8. Playfully suggestive, relaxed classic.
9. Head nodding w/a hint of gypsy swing. Duke on vocals.
10. Mid/uptempo sex kitten vocals by actress Elizabeth McGovern.
11. Slow and sensual, a delicious seduction.
12. Fun & brassy upbeat jam. So good.
13. Slow at first, then into an upbeat swing. Nicely done.
14. Relaxed and fun, playful lyrics, nice arrangement.
15. Starts slow, picks up, a stylish instrumental.