|Finley, Robert / Goin' Platinum!|
|Add Date:||2018-03-06|| ||Pull Date:||2018-05-08|| ||Charts:||Blues|
|Week Ending:||29 Apr||22 Apr||15 Apr||8 Apr||1 Apr||25 Mar||18 Mar|
Goin’ Platinum! is only the second album by the Louisiana-based singer Robert Finley. Dan Auerbach, lead singer of swamp blues rockers The Black Keys, calls Robert Finley “the greatest living soul singer." He has signed the 63-year-old to his label (he also produced the record), Easy Eye Sound, which just released Goin’ Platinum! to worldwide critical acclaim. The album sound which music critic Dave Simpson calls “retro-modern sound” is driven by Finley’s larger-than-life blues vocals and is accompanied by very infectious and instantly recognizable 20th century soul music styles, rhythms and reverberations performed by some of the best seasoned studio musicians around these days.|
RIYL: Charles Bradley, Sharon Jones & the Dap-Kings, Screamin' Jay Hawkins, The James Hunter Six, and Ted Hawkins.
Recommended Tracks: 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 8, 10
1. (2:35) ** Get It While You Can – Medium-up tempo. Rhythm & Blues in the tradition of Tamla Records. Great guitars.
2. (2:37) *** Medicine Woman – Medium tempo recording with psych blues feeling. Spacious and passionate.
3. (3:42) *** If You Forget My Love – Medium-up tempo track. Think Stax records. Great song!
4. (3:14) Three Jumpers – Medium tempo. Blues a la Chess records.
5. (3:30) ** Honey, Let Me Stay the Night – Medium-up tempo Blues rock piece. Part Stax records, part Motown. Catchy.
6. (3:18) You Don't Have to Do Right – Medium tempo. In the tradition of New Orleans blues.
7. (2:55) ** Complications – Medium-up tempo. Think Stax records. Solid.
8. (3:34) * Real Love Is Like Hard Time – Medium-up tempo. Think New Orleans blues tradition. Another catchy track.
9. (2:47) Empty Arms – Medium tempo recording a la Motown records.
10. (3:29) ** Holy Wine – Slow tempo song. Think Stax records. Great ending.