|Rundle, Emma Ruth / On Dark Horses|
|Add Date:||2018-09-23|| ||Pull Date:||2018-11-25|| |
|Week Ending:||14 Oct||7 Oct||30 Sep|
Dream rock. Fourth LP from Emma Ruth Rundle, who’s incapable of writing a bad song. While previous records were somber, dark, this one’s more joyous. (she just got married to Evan of Jaye Jayle.) Play it!!!|
Related: Chelsea Wolfe, True Widow, Jaye Jayle
Favorites: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
1. (4:50) ** Fever Dreams—Feverish rock, w/ strong Marked for Death feel
2. (4:10) *** Control—Open sky guitars, clean tones. Incredible chorus. Heavier rock towards end
3. (6:12) ** Darkhorse—Fast, steady drumming, rock proper. Nice atmospheric guitar bridge w/ galloping percussion
4. (5:34) ** Races—Simple structure- electric guitar, beautiful clear voice at the fore
5. (4:58) ** Dead Set Eyes—Bluesy rock, distorted, bright swingin'
6. (5:51) *** Light Song—Dream rock, heavy, edges toward doom metal. Also features some Jaye Jayle vox. Remarkable lyrics + video for this
7. (4:46) Apathy on the Indiana Border—Fast paced, frantic, a lot going on. Bright tones.
8. (5:45) You Don’t Have to Cry—Simple guitar/voice setup, revs up towards end