|Add Date:||2019-01-01|| ||Pull Date:||2019-03-05|| |
|Week Ending:||13 Jan||6 Jan|
Siesta is the sophomore release by Malmö, Sweden guitar pop band Hater. Siesta is less whispery and less distorted than previous recordings. Jingly guitars a la C86 mixed with synthesizers (think mid 1980s modern rock) and more vivid vocals are the sounds of this record. Noteworthy.|
Something else from the press release:
Sprawling guitars chime whilst slow burning grooves and classic rock rhythms allow tender-hearted vocals to soar over intelligible dream pop. Effortless and assured, the Scandi quartet drift eloquently into well-structured and stunning melodies. Produced by Joakim Lindberg (Yast and Hey Elbow) at Studio Sickan within old railway sheds outside of Malmö Sweden.
RIYL: The Go-Betweens, Alvvays, Snail Mail, The Chills and The Concretes.
Recommended Tracks: 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 10, 12, 13
1. From The Bottom Of Your Heart (3:11) – Slow popper. Sweet vocals.
2. *** It's So Easy (4:55) – Medium-up tempo. The single of the record. Killer dreampop cut. Synths included.
3. ** I Wish I Gave You More Time Because I Love You (4:28) – Slow recording. Great melody. Beautiful vocals. Sax included.
4. *Closer (4:22) – Medium tempo guitar driven piece. Not bad.
5. **Fall Off (4:13) – Medium tempo cut. Part dreampop, part shoegaze. Solid.
6. I Sure Want To (1:22) – Short slow piece. Synths and vocals.
7. *Things To Keep Up With (4:25) – Slow/medium tempo recording. Nice guitars. Think C86 sound. Vintage moods.
8. **Your Head Your Mind (4:01) – Medium-up tempo guitar driven piece. A la early Alvvays.
9. Why It Works Out Fine (4:55) – Slow/medium tempo. Elegant guitars and vocals. Nice chorus.
10. *The Mornings (4:29) – Slow piece. Guitar pop ballad. Pleasant melody.
11. Cut Me Loose (4:55) – Medium-up tempo. Part shoegaze, part guitar pop. Mellow and dramatic.
12. ***All That Your Dreams Taught Me (3:41) – Slow tempo. This cut could also be another single. Well-designed piece. Synths included.
13. **Seems So Hard (4:42) – Slow tempo. Think Alvvays meets El Mato A Un Policia Motorizado. Just perfect.
14. Weekend (3:27) – Slow tempo guitar pop recording. Melodic.
15. *** It's So Easy [Radio Edit] (3:31) – Medium-up tempo. The single of the record. Shorter version of the original.