|Smith, Elliott / Elliott Smith|
Acoustic, folky, lo-fi indie pop. All songs are midtempo. These are some of Elliott Smith's personal recordings that he made while he was part of Heatmiser. Someone "begged" him to publish these, thus launching his solo career. No FCCs, this is a radio edit. Picks: 6,4,2|
1) Solid eight note acoustic guitar, angry whispered vocals
2) * Sweet chord progression! More smoldering, angry vocals with great buildup
3) Slower, gentler song
4) * Fast song, aggressive
5) Faster, with some electric guitar.
6) * A fuller band here, very catchy chorus. Reminiscent of his later albums.
7) Slower, gentle, lilting song.
8) Hamonica, acoustic, another more subdued song
9) A little faster, vocal harmonies, then drums
10) Beginning kind of like "house of the rising sun," then some classic self-flagellation
11) Slow waltz, another gentle one
12) Slow, melancholy song