|Otto Von Schirach / Chopped Zombie Fungus|
|Add Date:||2003-03-17|| ||Pull Date:||2003-05-19|| ||Charts:||RPM/Electronica, Classical/Experimental|
|Week Ending:||18 May||4 May||20 Apr||6 Apr||30 Mar||23 Mar|
|Your Imaginary Friend|
Completely off the hook electronics- not sure what to call this. Elements of drill-and-bass, certainly spastic, definitely digital, out of control beats manipulated beyond all stretch of the imagination. Incredible, especially when it gets more stripped down and musical. Originally was 3 12” Eps- this includes 3 new tracks. This is by far some of the hippest stuff ever.|
1) breakbeatish, “drill-and-break”?
2) more cohesive, almost danceable, junglish
3) tribal tom toms and percussion, some vocs
4) noisy spastic electronics
5)silly, bouncy blippy with hip hop feel
6) electro driving, near electroclash, FCCs? “tit”, “ass”?
7) slow plodding weird
8) cool funky beat, hot
9) slower heavy noisy beat
11) commercial melodies over disjunct beats
12) faster disjunctness
13) slows almost beatless collage, this CD is devolving fast
14) mid paced electro sampled beat, but mostly arrhythmic
15) mostly collage, some beats, electromadness
16) spoken word manipulation on “the vampires of IDM”- poses questions related to the CD, etc etc, strange
17) FCCs FCCs, NO!!!
18) blippy difficult collage, all over, long