Lackluster MBV-derived stuff. Trio from Detroit. x2 guitars, drums, assorted electronic effects. All tracks start w/ minimal guitar riff, which predictably become a wash of distortion. No mood or groove ever emerges, just repetitive and tedious as hell. Only real mind-altering effect for me was subjective time dialation....tracks seem way longer than they are. Would sound killer if you were hugely baked and playing it yourself. Some of the tracks could be strengthed by good vocals, or could be used as movie incidental music...something for context.|
1. Massive guitar, heavy on sustain. Incidental music for hip TV drama.
2. Drab guitar melody w/ Kevin Shields glider effect. So fukkin dull.
3. Slow beat, boring bassline. Becomes dreamy huge sound, fades into 4.
4. Absolutely nowhere.
5. Static and echo sounds. Guitar oscillator effects, no drums. Could be good for trippy sequence in movie.
6. I can't muster a description...
7. Like a talentless Interpol.
8. More incidental music. Maybe OK in small taste.
*9. Would be pretty good with vocals. Nice ending.
10. Starts good, then poops out.
11. A little like Loveliescrushing.
12. Industrial sounds, guitar. A little like Main.