|Various Artists / Festival in the Desert|
|Add Date:||2003-12-22|| ||Pull Date:||2004-02-23|| ||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||8 Feb||1 Feb||25 Jan||18 Jan||11 Jan||4 Jan||28 Dec|
From the remote sands of Mali comes this amazing live recording of the famous festival in the desert. European pop and Navajo rock share the stage with both African superstars and lesser-known artists. Oh yeah, and Robert Plant. At least one star for every track. I love this CD & I dream of seeing the festival in person some day.|
1. Wonderful traditional Malian Tamashek music.
2. Upbeat Afro-rock w/great guitar/vocals.
3. Hypnotic female Malian throat-singing.
4. Serious guitar wail by Plant, Justin Adams & others.
5. Electric guitar/drums/vocals. Mid-tempo, dark, cool.
6. Cool Fr & Malian vox Part gypsy groove part Afro-anthem
7. Oumou Sangare’s gorgeous voice, mid-tempo, catchy.
8. Ali Farka Toure’s blues guitar. Uptempo. Wonderful.
9. Great guitar, Serious vocals. Audience really gets into this.
10. Some fast strings backing soaring male vocals. Powerful.
11. Uptempo blend of guitars/drums/and strong chorus.
12. Stunning piano & kora duet w/a cool jazz energy.
13. Wonderful throat-singing, claps,drums...great sound.
14. Electric guitar, Malian vocals & French rap. Wow.
15. Haunting call-response w/trills, claps, and chorus.
16. Big female voice/drums/strings. Mid-tempo.
17. Powerful a capella warrior songs.
18. Strong guitar work in this Afro-rock jam.
19. Navajo rock w/guitars/chants/drums/screaming vocals.
20. A sweet, passionate ballad.