|Garay, Luis Percussion World / Sacumba|
|Add Date:||2004-03-15|| ||Pull Date:||2004-05-17|| ||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||9 May||2 May||11 Apr||4 Apr||28 Mar||21 Mar|
Seriously hot drumming. Garay is from Argentina, but now lives and teaches in the D.C. area. This CD of instrumentals features a wide range of percussive instruments showcased by a strong band. Tracks mostly with a Latin or Afro-Latin flair, but often explore percussion styles of other countries as well. Play it all!|
*1. Fast, high energy carnival samba w/whistles & drums. Wow.
2. Rockin Afro-Latin track. Gets into a nice groove.
*3. Asian-influenced track w/lyrical marimba, wild bongos, bird whistle
4. Great African drum mix w/strong rhythmic interplays.
*5. Dramatic opening, powerful accents, seriously cool.
6. A sweet & happy little dance w/nice use of marimba.
7. Cool blend of djembe, conga, ngoma, & claps.
*8. Sharp & fast w/a bright energy & great sound.
*9. A big, fast, epic drum jam. It goes to interesting places.
10. Starts slower, builds in energy into a strong, kind of dark groove.
11. Energetic Latin jazzy feel w/great mixes of drums & calls from band.
*12. Spare but dramatic sound. You can almost feel this vibrations.
13. Fast & wild blend of tricks w/a hot, Latin feel.