Instrumental acoustic chamber pop from Idaho. Prominent clarinet and accordion makes it sound klezmerish, intentionally or not. Many of the songs are similarly brooding and introverted, but several tracks fruitfully explore other emotions. Liked, in order, 9, 10, 7, 6, 1.|
1) 70 bpm. Clarinet, banjo, drums, guitar, perucussion, melancholy, vaguely klezmerish.
2) 125 bpm. Similar to (1), but more bass, more energetic.
3) 80 bpm. Accordion vs. rock band, vaguely flamenco.
4) 70 bpm. Spiky clarinet, bells, banjo. Clarinet out of tune.
5) 80 bpm. Droning, with clarinet solo.
6) 85 bpm. Bwwaaarrr guitar sounds, then drums, slinky clarinet.
7) 60 bpm. Slightly out of tune piano chords, thick accordion, clarinet, organ.
8) Cheerful, energetic bass, banjo, slightly absurd tenor sax.
9) 120 bpm. Goofy pseudo-hoedown. Let’s go camping!
10) 90 bpm. Noirish banjo and bells.
11) 80 bpm. Meandering, with moaning in background.
12) 95 bpm. Strummed guitar, accordion, banjo. Brooding.
13) 60 bpm. Busy acoustic bass, vibraphone, accordion.
14)120 bpm. Open, floating jam led by clarinet. Thickens up toward the end.