|Architecture in Helsinki / In Case We Die|
|Add Date:||2005-06-26|| ||Pull Date:||2005-08-28|| |
|Week Ending:||21 Aug||7 Aug||31 Jul||24 Jul||17 Jul||10 Jul||3 Jul|
Melodic, optimistic, intelligent and imaginative music. Lots of instruments, most of which acoustic (horns, accordion, the more delicate percussions), and various singers. A bit hard to define, but something like The Cure (Love cats era) meets Rocky horror picture show with some Caribbean touches. It is the third album of this Melbourne-based 8-member collective and includes numerous additional musicians. All songs are fun listening. |
1.Starts with horns, violin, and a chorus, kind of dark, but then breaks down to a cute song, with piano, musical toys and lead female singer, then picks up speed, guitar, horns and a male vox.
*2. A very catchy mid-tempo song. Alternate male and female vox. Starts with a kids song.
3. Starts quiet but becomes denser. A Bass opening (played with a bow), accordion later,alternating female and male voices .
4. A cute Popish song. Female Susan Sarandon-ish vox, and male voices in the background.
*5. Fun song. Male falsetto vox, piano, strings, and cymbal.
6. Some synth, trumpet, female voices. Saxophones at the end.
*7. Fun song, falsetto vox. Nice opening. Becomes slower at the second part.
*8. A tribute to Rocky horror picture show. Faster, Some Caribban touches.
*9. A Cure-like song. Electric guitar opnening, horns join-in, male vox and drums.
10. A Caribbean-like song. Begins with "night in the jungle" sounds with a pastoral tune coming-in with horns, singing and percussion.
11. A delicate instrumental piece, a dreamy-carnival/pastoral combination.
12. Another fun song. Begins with an organ, strings and chorus, horns and female/male-falsetto vox join later.