|Clientele, The / Strange Geometry|
|Add Date:||2005-12-11|| ||Pull Date:||2006-02-12|| |
|Week Ending:||22 Jan||15 Jan||8 Jan||1 Jan||25 Dec||18 Dec|
3rd ablum from this English dreamy folk pop group. Songs tend to have a subdued/ relaxed quality and some people may hear some psychedelic influence. Lots of guitars, but also piano, light drums, glockenspiel, strings, etc. Plenty of reverb on the guitars. A lot of the songs sound similar to me, so I have trouble describing them. I know some people like this band a lot but I don’t really get it, I guess. |
my picks: 5, 11, 12 FCC: clean
1. medium tempo. Lots o’ guitars, glockenspiel
2. med-slow. subdued. reverby guitar. strings
3. med-fast. a bit more upbeat. reverby arpeggiated guitar. organ break in the middle of the song.
4. starts with really echoey classical singing. Turns into a medium tempo folky number, with acoustic guitars and light drums
5. starts with nice guitar/ violin interaction. Medium tempo, just a little bit of groove to the main guitar part. Strings later on. Gets a bit noisier with mid-era-beatles guitar solo
6. med-slow. reverby guitar.
7. med-slow. some organ, light drums, reverby guitar
8. med-slow. mostly drums and guitars.
9. med-fast. goes a bit minor sounding and there’s a guitar solo near the end. Fade out
10. med-slow. some falsetto vocals
11. med-slow. spoken vocals (a story) with some “ooh ah” vocals in the background.
12. med-slow. church organs and distant classical vocals in the second half.