|Add Date:||2006-07-02|| ||Pull Date:||2006-09-03|| ||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||3 Sep||27 Aug||20 Aug||13 Aug||30 Jul||23 Jul||16 Jul||9 Jul|
(CD title pronounced “bal-on-SAY”). She’s a Portuguese/Cape Verdean singer/composer/guitarist with a clear, sweet voice, a lightly jazzy style, and some good guest stars. Nicely restrained arrangements and just enough energy to keep things swaying. Catchy blend of African & European rhythms w/a touch of urban suavity. Good music for a hot summer evening. Most tracks are her, a chorus, guitars, bass, and perc. In Portuguese, French, English, & ?.|
*1. Midtempo, light & catchy. Warm vox/strings/perc. Sweet.
2. Mid/uptempo & happy w/spoken word then claps & fast taking.
*3. Sweet bossa-esque sound. Delicate vox, guitars, vocalese at end.
4. Accordion intro, slow w/hint of electronica. Soaring vox.
5. Bright love song w/a catchy mid/uptempo beat.
*6. Duet w/a strong Afro beat, hip-hop break, and cool beat.
7. Midtempo vox/per/guitar. Seductive spoken word.
8. Downtempo & kind of sad w/nice vocal harmonies. Picks up.
9. Slow, sad, delicate. Pretty, but with some high trills I could do w/o.
*10. Mid/uptempo vocal duet w/a Brazilian beat & jazzy touches. Fun
*11. Mid/uptempo, guitar/vox. A nice sway w/good energy.
12. Mostly slow, some electronica, cool piano interlude at end.
13. Drums back female vocal duet. Midtempo, stark, dramatic. Cool.