|Fontaine, Nasio / Universal Cry|
|Add Date:||2006-06-18|| ||Pull Date:||2006-08-20|| ||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||20 Aug||13 Aug||6 Aug||30 Jul||23 Jul||2 Jul|
Fontaine, Nasio – Universal Cry (Greensleeves)|
Reviewed by Sadie O., 6/2/06
Very listenable roots rock reggae from Dominica, strongly channeling Bob Marley. Definitely not a “new” sound, but still a good one! Good band, proper backup vocals, very expressive lead vocals.
One FCC that’s really hard to hear – use your judgment. I like track 9 best, but most are great sounds too, all are pleasant.
1. 4:22 * (minor FCC – “crap”- although it’s hard to make out) a bit downtempo, mellow bubble, very pretty but sad.
2. 4:12 **solid midtempo skank, lyrics a bit repetitive but they work.
3. 4:38 *slightly downtempo, folky but slick production, antiwar song.
4. 4:37 **strong slightly uptempo bubble, good roots rock reggae.
5. 3:52 **nice slightly downtempo skank about Babylon. Harmonica.
6. 4:10 *midtempo bubble love song (but a COOL one).
7. 3:43 slow, dripping with keyboards, prayerful.
8. 4:35 **midtempo nyahbinghi march that turns into strong bubble.
9. 4:02 ***strong militant midtempo skank, good rant. Harmonica solo! Good sound.
10. 4:50 **downtempo skank with a bit of electric guitar.
11. 4:04 **midtempo skank, full, beefy sound.
12. 4:42 **sweet and lovely slightly downtempo nyahbinghi chant.