Cool Balkan folk music. All well played, with strings, perc, accordion, vox, clarinet. Some toe-tapping & dancey. Others klezmeresque. Still others slow & nostalgic.|
1. Slow & mournful. Mostly vox & mandolin w/some bass.
*2. Fast & lively folk dance.
*3. Midtempo w/touches of klezmer, cool perc & chorus.
*4. Fast w/fiery strings & heartfelt vocals. Great fun.
5. Slow clarinet/guitar opening. Vox comes in. Lush, romantic, sad.
*6. Midtempo lots of chorus, strings, strong Arabic feel.
7. Perc, fem. vox, accordion. Midtempo w/ a hint of nostalgia.
8. Slow with a sad, lost gypsy sound & a hint of jazz guitar.
9. Slow w/a restrained vox/strings/accordion tremble.
*10. Happy, upbeat. A Balkan yee-haw w/some gypsy jazz.
11. Bubbling accordion, into restrained & stately folk dance.
12. Fast, fast opening, slows down, picks up. A cool meander.
*13. Slow and gorgeous. Like Balkan fado, heartbreaking.