|Les Primitifs Du Futur / World Musette|
|Add Date:||2007-01-21|| ||Pull Date:||2007-03-25|| ||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||25 Mar||18 Mar||11 Mar||4 Mar||25 Feb||18 Feb||4 Feb||28 Jan|
Delicious! Robert Crumb & Co channel for Django. Gypsy jazz musette meets world music w/everything from Afro-Cuban to Asian accents. Expertly played and sung with wonderful tongue-in-cheek humor, a fresh perspective on classic material tempered with respect for the past. I love this release. LOVE it! Decca is happy. |
1. Light & happy with excellent jazzy bits & cool vibe accents.
2. A bit wacky midtempo w/spoken word, fem vox, a cartoony feel.
3. Oud intro, Arabic drums & accordion team in a slowish musette.
4. A romantic tango with “kiss me now” written all over it.
5. Part slack-key bistro bop/part plinky-happy blues w/great scatting
6. Retro waltz w/ a sweet, “old couple dancing” sort of feeling.
7. Male/fem duet w/a carnival-on-Mars kind of sound.
8. Swaying midtempo waltz instrumental. Sweetly old-fashioned.
9. Maracas, a French-Afro-Cuban rumba. Yummy!
10. Lowkey, lazy waltz. Gentle, relaxed, sweet. Instrumental.
11. Chinese influence, midtempo instr waltz. Nice arrangement.
12. Midtempo carousel in space musette.
13. From the Seine to the Mississippi. Slow, cool, musette blues.
14. Traditional gypsy jazz. Midtempo w/smooth vocals. So good.
15. Slow, lazy, starts trad, adds sounds as it goes along. Odd.