|New Mastersounds, The / Live At La Cova|
|Add Date:||2007-04-22|| ||Pull Date:||2007-06-24|| |
|Week Ending:||3 Jun||27 May||20 May||13 May||6 May||29 Apr|
Deep funk instrumental jams from Leeds. Feel-good, sunny music with a slightly roughened edge to the sound. Instrumentation is standard, with especially good guitar and organ and nice added color from the hand percussion. Mostly idiomatic refrain-and-solo or groove-based structures that would stagnate but for the creative, funky soloing keeps things moving. All songs have a great, very tight feel.|
FCC Clean (All instrumental.) Picks: Any.
See Also: The String Cheese Incident, Connie Price & The Keystones
1. 2:29 - Mid/High energy. Brief and repetitive bookend.
2. 5:54 - Mid energy surf feel.
3. 5:03 - Mid/High energy funk shuffle. Conga solo 1:30-2:50. Goes to cut-time feel close to end.
4. 6:49 - Mid energy. Another surf-rock inflected jam.
5. 3:41 - Stadium funk feel with bass intro and melodic, vaguely angular theme. Applause runs straight into next track.
6. 8:03 - Mid-energy with a spy sound. Features glistening, sparkling treble organ sounds (New-Agey? Maybe.) Mysterious. Break at 3:48.
7. 6:03 - Mid/High energy, with twangy guitar and great timbales.
8. 2:07 - Low energy vamp. Walking soundtrack music.
9. 5:12 - Mid-energy jam with sharp guitar groove.
10. 7:07 - Low energy and a tad sultry smooth funk. Builds to mid energy.
11. 4:44 - Parallel-lined stadium funk jam.
12. 4:29 - Mid/High energy, pleasant groove. Closes with conga solo.
13. 3:42 - Mid energy with great upbeat feel.