|Freilachmakers Klezmer String Band, The / Flower Of Berezin, The|
|Add Date:||2007-05-06|| ||Pull Date:||2007-07-08|| ||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||3 Jun||27 May||20 May||13 May|
Blue grass Klezmer music. Instrumental (banjo, accordion, violin, balalika, guitar, contrabass). Hailing from Sacramento, Davis and Sebastopol, these five play modest and happy music with a tongue-in-cheek attitude. Blue grass/Celtic influences both in instruments (Banjo) as well by music selection.|
1. Fast klezmer classic. Modest string plucking opening.
2. Mid-tempo, semi-sad Yiddish song. Fiddle opening. Dominant banjo leads to a ragtime finish.
3. Mirror tunes. An Irish tune, played first, later mirrored in a Klezmerized version. Violin and mandolin.
4. Banjo, guitar and accordion opening (long) to a traditional hora.
*5. Fast klezmer classic. Violin, guitar and a dominant banjo.
6. A partisan Yiddish song. Balalaika.
7. Fast Klezmer classic.
8. A slow Irish tune leading to a Macedonian dance. Violin, guitar and recorder.
9. A slow Yiddish nigun.Violin and mandolin.
10. Slow to fast. Dominant plucked strings.