|Add Date:||2007-11-11|| ||Pull Date:||2008-01-13|| |
|Week Ending:||13 Jan||6 Jan||30 Dec||23 Dec||16 Dec||9 Dec||2 Dec||25 Nov|
|Elias (Dr Furious)|
Menacing girl punk from LA. Hands-down, THE BEST PUNK BAND in the scene right now. This is a compilation that includes tracks from their first full length as well as rare 7-inch and EP recordings. A nice package of Mika Miko's life in its infancy. Raw, unadulterated, super fast punk with awesome female vocal interplays, tempo changes, and plenty of hard core, riot grrrl and no-wave references. Amazingly gifted and talented musicians to boot (the drummer's an animal). Not a single bad song here. Play them all, and then play them all again. Into the mosh-pit.|
Play: 10, 7, 3, 6, 9, 11, 2, 12
1. Blunt punker with dominant guitar driving.
2. Full speed slashy punker. Makes me wanna pogo.
3. Dig the saxophone! Full punk assault. Intense!
4. FCCs. Awesome cover of the Misfits song.
5. Full speed slashy punker with synth noise.
6. Amazing drumming and a demonic guiter. Super fast!
7. I LOVE THIS SONG. 7inch B-side. Starts slow, ramps up to a slashy guitar punk groove with awesome synth chords banging it out.
8. Nice vocal interplays.
9. Starts slow and ramps up to fast! This songs feels like you're in a roller coaster.
10. FUCK YEAH! Dig the synth melody hooks.
11. Dissonant, noisy post-punk. Dominant swinging bass.
12. Choppy, blippy, noisy, synthy. Angular. Cute vox.
13. Great guitar/bass and vocal melodies. Bright and yet screamo.