|Quadro Nuevo / Cinepassion|
|Add Date:||2009-01-25|| ||Pull Date:||2009-03-29|| ||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||1 Mar||22 Feb||15 Feb||8 Feb||1 Feb|
The German group pays homage to great music throughout film history, from Charlie Chaplin to Ennio Morricone. Their blend of jazz-meets-musette and world/folk influences make them hard to pin down. Every track is a delight and full of surprises, starting off one way then taking a different path. Like the movies they honor, each song has a story to tell, and it’s not always the one you expect. Great arrangements. Tight playing. Delicious..|
1. Slow and dreamy then bright & bouncy, like happy circus jazz.
2. Sweet tango w/great jazzy guitar and a sense of drama.
3. Slow harmonica, lazy, languid, like it’s too hot to move.
4. Midtempo, a hip jazzy feel. Like tango at the Blue Note.
5. Slow, slightly sad serenade. Paris sophisticate w/drama.
6. Sweetly sentimental Chaplin ode, slow, deceptively simple.
7. Tabla-sax. Arabian nights meets Klezmer, mid/up, cool strings
8. Midtempo, playful, modern gypsy jazz-musette. Honey-smooth.
9. Piazzolla tango, down/mid w/hip flourishes of jazz. Great sax.
10. Flamenco guitar intro, slow. Picks up into driving flamenco jazz.
11. A sreamy, introspective walk through Paris in the rain.
12. Midtempo jazz musette w/a French carousel feeling.
13. Slow sax, spare arrangement, dark, w/impending heartbreak.
14. Slow sax/guitar intro, a midtempo frivol w/great sax.
15. Downtempo, sweeping w/a fragile kind of lovliness.
16. Slow at first, gets into sunny, midtempo jazz w/hint of Italy.