|Animal Collective / Merriweather Post Pavilion|
|Add Date:||2009-03-01|| ||Pull Date:||2009-05-03|| |
|Week Ending:||3 May||26 Apr||19 Apr||12 Apr||5 Apr||29 Mar||22 Mar||15 Mar|
Psychedelic pop. Ninth full length from this experimental NY based trio and boy is it good! For those of you who know AC well, just play any song without hesitation. For those of you who don't (like myself), here is a short description: these guys take all the pop elements from bands like the Beach Boys, the Beatles, maybe Piper at the Gates of Dawn era Pink Floyd, and some Syd Barrett, throw in some african funky rhythms and some cool electronic effects, add in a pinch of acid, mix it all in a shaker and: voila! Animal Collective! You have it all here: treated multilayered guitars and electronics, pulsating bass, kick ass percussion, and an excellent vocal delivery by both lead singers. PLAY IT, PLAY IT, PLAY IT!|
Picks, 2,4,8,10,11 *** No FCCs detected ***
1. strange throbbing intro into blissful psychedelic pop trip. abruptly explodes with energy in the middle, makes me wanna dance
*2. swirling intro melody, beat picks up and backing female vocals, an anthem for a sunny day
3. more reverb, psychedelic bliss, pulsating bass
*4. nice dancey intro pulse, crowd samples, lots of effects
5. nice little organ sound, a slower piece
6. slow dreamy start... pulsating synth sound, spacey...
7. nice intertwined vocal delivery, another little pop gem
*8. nature samples at intro, very droney... pure bliss
9. didgeridoo sample (?), kind of tribal rhythm
*10. more quiet, chilled, wow, i love this record...
*11. strong african influence, another great dance song