|Egge, Ana / Road To My Love|
|Add Date:||2009-06-21|| ||Pull Date:||2009-08-23|| |
|Week Ending:||16 Aug||26 Jul||19 Jul||12 Jul||5 Jul||28 Jun|
Folksy, country with lots of instruments like trumpet, strings, organ, and the last song featuring a slide guitar. For fans of Lucinda Williams. The album has a slower mid pace throughout. I like 2, 6, 7, 12, 13. No FCC’s.|
1. (2:51) Mid. Pop beat with Lucinda Williams-like vocal delivery. Male backing vocals toward end. Fades out.
2. (2:17) Slow. Trumpet intro, nice and quiet song with guitar and soft vocal. Trumpet ending.
3. (3:19) Mid. Slower rocking beat with cool percussion, shaker and triangle. Kind of a weird change halfway through with electric guitar. Bleeds into...
4. (3:24) Slow/Mid. Almost tex-mex flavor with the trumpet and pacing. Nice lyrics, very laid back feeling.
5. (4:13) Slow/Mid. Another relaxed song, airy electric guitar, easy, slow beat.
6. (3:24) Slow/Mid. Slow strumming acoustic guitar, keys. Cool drumming and trumpet comes in halfway through.
7. (2:48) Mid. Great beat with organ at beginning. Electric guitar and organ solo toward end. Good song.
8. (3:26) Slow/Mid. Guitar, drums, trumpet start off the song. Relaxed lyric delivery. Female backing vocals.
9. (3:25) Slow. Vocal intro with pedal steel and guitar backing. Drums come in halfway through, really cool.
10. (2:57) Mid. Easy beat with trumpet, organ, whistling, electric guitar. Fades out.
11. (3:01) Mid. Brushes on drums, acoustic guitar, keys. Cool echoey mic effects.
12. (3:03) Slow. Minimal instrumentation of acoustic guitars, then drums, electric guitar, strings, come in. Returns to minimal instrumentation at end.
13. (3:03) Slow/Mid. The traditional tune done really well with slide guitar. Great song to end a set or show with.