A very quiet album with the songs running into one another sounding very similar. The musicianship is top-notch, the voice very appealing. Lots of influences here like Rush, Pink Floyd and vocals sounding a lot like Ray Davies of The Kinks. No FCC’s.|
*My Favorites*: 3, 8, 10.
1. (1:14) Slow / Mid. Quiet, easy delivery. Just a little ditty.
2. (4:14) Slow / Mid. A little Pink Floyd here, the mellower stuff. A couple quick guitar solos. Great for a weekend drive.
3. *(5:20) Slow / Mid. Song loosely about sailing, more about life. Beautiful organ. Great song.
4. (4:19) Slow / Mid. Loose and spacey. Sounds a bit like quiet Kinks stuff.
5. (4:04) Mid / Slow. Quietly drum-driven with some quiet breaks. Almost Rush sounding.
6. (5:25) Mid. Guitar intro, then drums. A bit more uptempo than the previous songs. Some reverb guitar.
7. (5:19) Slow / Mid. Sparse, stretchy and spacey with some quiet phrases.
8. *(3:35) Mid. Drums prominent, cool and mellow guitar. A bit of Smiths influence.
9. (3:26) Slow / Mid. Guitar led song. Nice backing instruments, esp. the organ.
10. *(2:23) Slow / Mid. Nice to hear some harmonica. A quiet, introspective song with cool chant.