|Experimental Dental School / Forest Field|
|Add Date:||2009-06-14|| ||Pull Date:||2009-08-16|| |
|Week Ending:||16 Aug||9 Aug||26 Jul||19 Jul||5 Jul||28 Jun||21 Jun|
Okay, this is the weirded-out, psychedelic type stuff that’s just so frickin’ great to have access to. Mainly a two-piece of drums and guitar, these guys extract the most from the minimum. Trippin’ electric guitar and kick-ass drums with some female vocals to boot, this band nearly defies comparisons. I like ‘em all, but try 1, 2, 6, 7, 8. No FCC’s.|
1. (2:31) Mid/Fast. Tripped-out guitar effects against low-fi mic effects and mixed-up lyrics.
2. (3:19) Mid/Fast. Sped up acid tune, what the fuck??? This is the good, heavy, way-out-there shit. I don’t know who the hell this sounds like, but I don’t care.
3. (3:23) Slow/Mid. Hypnotic with a ‘la-la-la-la-la-la’ vocal, leading into a James Bond-ish phrase and then back again. Hints of Yes, psyched-out shit.
4. (3:11) Mid. Knock-a-knock tempo, trippyness continues, with a vocal through a megaphone-type sound, backing vocals.
5. (2:43) Mid. Crunchy guitar, tempo and feel changes half-way through with a harder, more un-accessible sound.
6. (2:42) Mid/Fast. A bit of Primus here, with up-front Les Claypool-type bass and Larry LaLonde guitar. Cool stuff.
7. (2:09) Slow/Mid. Trippy female vocals, what the hell?? Man this stuff is weird – but, oh so cool...
8. (2:21) Mid. Great mic effects, slighty more ‘radio-friendly’ than most tunes here, but still a bit tripped-out.
9. (3:13) Mid. Female vocals, echoey, reverby guitar effects. A bit hard-edged.
10. (2:40) Slow/Mid. Female vocals, airy, psyche guitar. Alternates between slower and faster pace. Drawn-out psychedelic ending.