|Timber Timbre / Timber Timbre|
|Add Date:||2009-11-29|| ||Pull Date:||2010-01-31|| |
|Week Ending:||3 Jan||27 Dec||13 Dec|
Timber Timbre – Timber Timbre|
Pronounced Timber Tamber, not really what I’d expect from Arts & Crafts which normally does that Canadian indie chamber pop thing. I kind of dig it, slow bluesy folk singer-songwriter stuff. Smoggy late night musings kind of music. Okay, maybe I could see how his vocals sometimes sounds like M. Ward, but it’s much darker.
1. Slow folksy acoustic song with slurred lyrics. Regretful religious themes here.
2. Slow consistent organ-sounding synth. Very minimal kind of like beat poetry.
3.*** Hmm an actual melody though rather unsettling and depressing. Reminds me of something I can’t put my finger on. Maybe like Bon Iver’s skinny love but at the same time more stripped down, bluesy and shimmery.
4. Slow muffled tapping with lethargic vocals.
5. Pretty unmemorable same old.
6. ** Slow soulful sound. It is exactly what you would expect from the title.
7. Spooky tense, fuzzy repeated chord.
8. * Sad violin and acoustic piece moves into the same swampy vocals.