|Mcfarling, Kelly / Distractible Child|
|Add Date:||2011-03-06|| ||Pull Date:||2011-05-08|| |
|Week Ending:||24 Apr||10 Apr||20 Mar||13 Mar|
|MC Dizzy Jackson|
Country, folk, bluegrass stylings from Kelly McFarling’s debut release. Her voice is sultry and smooth, very appealing. Most all songs are in the mid tempo range and the drumming is quite similar throughout. Laid-back songs, great for weekend drives. FCC # 5. |
*My Favorites*: 3, 4, 7, 10.
1. (5:00) Mid. Mellow intro with bass and banjo and guitar for 0:55 until vocal enters. Cool guitar work. Song about reflecting on Atlanta and her man.
2. (5:32) Mid. Title track. Upbeat percussion, driving. Background vocals (her own). Great slide breaks. Ends with hand claps.
3. *(3:39) Slow / Mid. Drum intro. Lap steel lends to a country-ish feel. Plodding beat. NIce piano work.
4. *(3:08) Slow / Fast. Really upbeat with slow-phrased changes. Drum and banjo predominate. Song about relationships.
5. (5:24) Slow / Mid. FCC’s. Easy-paced song about not looking back.
6. (3:11) Mid. Banjo-led, country drumming. A mix of bluegrass and country. Song about a fading relationship.
7. *(4;27) Slow / Mid. Sparse with vocal featured. The instruments are played quietly until halfway through as full band enters. Lap steel prominent.
8. (4;59) Mid. Hollow sounding lyrics about her man choosing NYC over her. The music, despite the lyrics, seem a bit more upbeat.
9. (5:14) Mid. Simple banjo and brushes on the drums with vocal. Sparse with the vocal out front.
10. *(4:43) Mid. Mouth percussion, slide guitar, banjo, musically upbeat. Background vocals.
11. (5:46) Slow / Mid. Eerie lap steel, plodding drum. Really laid-back and mellow.
12. (5:07) Hidden Track. Slow / Mid. Familiar sounding song. Easy-going song, some really nice guitar and banjo soloing.