Three-piece band out of Minnesota with this, their third album. It’s indie, retro, peppy pop, dreamy. Some good lyrics. Instrumentation of guitars, bass, percussion, keys, cello, some programming. Nice mix of slower and more upbeat numbers, polished production. No FCC’s.|
*My Favorites*: 1, 4, 5, 8, 9, 10, 11.
1. *(2:37) Mid. Acoustic guitars, then vocals, then tinkly piano. Retro pysche with some great lyrics. A bit sparse. Cool.
2. (3:47) Mid. Big drums with tambourine strikes, elec. guitar, jumpy and plodding, gets big and poppy. Tone signal at end.
3. (3:51) Mid. Title ‘Lester Bangs’, who was a legendary music critic. Acoustic, folky, indie, pep pop. Guitar, bass, drums.
4. *(3:02) Slow / Mid. Mellow guitar, CSNY stylings with that same dreamy mood.
5. *(3:53) Mid. Upbeat rocker with pounding drum, guitars, bass. Guitar solos.
6. (3:08) Slow / Mid. Mellow cello, guitar, backing vocals.
7. (3:48) Mid / Fast. Swirling keys, heavy drumbeat, guitars. Rockin’ with plodding vocal delivery.
8. *(3:42) Slow / Mid. Mellow minor keyed dreamy. Acoustic guitars and cello. Then gets rockin’ with 1:20 remaining. Screaming electric guitar, heavy drums, screamed vocal. Returns to mellow mood at end.
9. *(2:44) Mid. Processed propeller intro. Trippy yet cohesive. Programming, guitars, drums, backing vocals. Cool.
10. *(4:10) Mid. Latin percussion to start, upbeat, funky, handclaps, slight rocker, guitar solo, backing vocals. Very cool.
11. (4:31) Slow / Mid. Dreamy, echoey vocals, keys. Drums with tambourine strikes.
12. *(2:05) Mid. Acoustic guitar, echoey vocals. Mellow, dreamy and pleasant.