Blood Orange: Coastal Grooves: Upbeat indie rock, like a more electronic Vampire Weekend. Tends to err on the side of fewer instrumentals/ sounds, mostly guitar, some light synth, and upbeat percussion. Pretty good stuff! FCC track 9. Try 8, 10, 2, 3, 6.|
1) 3:58 Staccato vocals, with simple guitar, shakers, and light synths. Cool quick guitar solo in the middle.
2) 3:34 Interesting mid-tempo synth hook, with crooning male vocals. Not much sound, so it’s a bit teasing.
3) 4:00 Guitar and bass-focused track, with staccato male vocals. Up-tempo, mysterious-sounding.
4) 3:51 Very sparse instrumentals (just some light guitar), with male vocals.
5) 3:10 Dance-y beat, but only a tiny dash of guitar for instrumentals.
6) 3:36 The good, the bad, and the ugly-sounding instrumental chorus, with almost a capella verses.
7) 2:53 Heavier percussion. Other than that, some soft bass and vocals.
8) 5:03 Layered vocals, cool guitar. Mid-tempo jam. More instrumentally varied and full of sound than any other track on the album.
9) 4:21 FCC (“fuck”) A bitter song, with smooth percussion, light guitar, and piano. You can feel on the resentment dripping from the vocals. Good song, shame it’s got an FCC.
10) 4:54 Breathy vocals, soundscape background, shaker-dominated percussion. Deep piano.