|Electric Shepherd / Electric Shepherd|
|Add Date:||2011-11-20|| ||Pull Date:||2012-01-22|| ||Charts:||Loud|
|Week Ending:||22 Jan||15 Jan||8 Jan||25 Dec||18 Dec||11 Dec||4 Dec||27 Nov|
Transcendental local hard rock, irresistibly psychedelic yet still quite lucid. Fuzzy guitars, groovy rhythm section—perfect for fans of listening to Wishbone Ash on blown-out speakers. Soulful guitar wailing adds a raw edge to contrast with crooning melancholy melodies. Folksy, reverbed twanginess is thrown into the mix too. Fans of UFO, Uriah Heep, 70s Pentagram, pre-Dark Side but post-syd Floyd, and the aforementioned Wishbone Ash will be pleased. FCC clean, try 2, 3, 6 and 8|
(NOTE: This also came with a really cool single-sided 12” promo with tracks 4 and 2. Play it and key it as if it was off the CD.)
1. (0:58) Pretty fingerpicked guitar intro with weird echoing voices and effects
2. (6:10) Somber, pensive, dark and acid-washed, with slowly crescendoing heaviness and gorgeous guitar harmonies
3. (6:54) Dark, plodding, bluesy with some murder ballad vibes—maybe if Jim Morrison had lived longer and hung out with Tony Iommi
4. (7:41) Drifting but intense psychedelic rock, makes me want to go on a road-trip through the desert
5. (0:37) Brief interlude, like the intro but no vocals and more weirdness.
6. (5:32) A bit faster with some eastern harmonies, flowing and ebbing tides of heaviness
7. (10:30) epic, plodding, folksy excursion into unexplored realms of the mind / halfway through it deteriorates into a blues-rock jam
8. (10:49) lighthearted instrumental 6/8 jam sounding like “Take Five” with an extra beat; continues on a jangly, rockin’ psych jam path that never quite resolves, but instead adds on additional layers of fuzz.