|Yonkers, Michael With The Blind Shake / Period|
|Add Date:||2012-05-19|| ||Pull Date:||2012-07-22|| |
|Week Ending:||22 Jul||15 Jul||1 Jul||17 Jun||10 Jun||27 May|
|MC Dizzy Jackson|
Minneapolis native Yonkers is a noise / psyche legend, relatively unknown until the past few years after his 1968 album Microminiature Love was finally released by Destijl Records in 2002. Has been pumping out some killer garage / psyche / noise / punk - ish stuff with The Blind Shake out of Minneapolis now for a few years. This is some heavy, driving, loud, reverb-ed, distorted stuff coming out of Yonkers home-made guitar, Mike Blaha’s baritone guitar, with kick-ass drumming by Dave Roper and a third guitar by Mike’s brother Jim. This is some seriously killer shit. No FCC’s. |
*My Favorites*: 1, 2, 6, 7, 8, 9, 11.
1. *(3:20) Mid. Crunchy guitar, plodding beat, cymbal strikes, screamed vocals near end. Killer.
2. *(3:21) Mid / Fast. Heavy guitar, big cymbal strikes, hi-hat, slightly sparse. Rockin’.
3. (2:46) Mid / Fast. Big full band, driving, loud, loud, loud. Really Rawkin’.
4. (3:31) Mid / Fast. Full and fast, psyche element, pounding drums, screamed vocals.
5. (2:46) Mid. Plodding beat, crunchy guitar, wah-wah guitar w/ killer fx.
6. *(3:23) Mid. Big reverbed guitar, big bass drum, marching and kick ass.
7. *(3:00) Fast. All-out rocker, driving drums,
8. *(2:14) Mid / Fast. Drum-driven, psyche guitar, post-punk-ish.
9. *(4:23) Mid. INSTRUMENTAL. Chaotic noise-driven madness, scatter-brained guitar.
10. (4:20) Mid. Noise guitar under sinister vocal, gets fuller, post-punk.
11. *(2:42) Mid / Fast. Folk turned on its punkish head. Blazing, blistering and beautiful.