|City Of Satellites / Remixed|
|Add Date:||2012-04-14|| ||Pull Date:||2012-06-17|| |
|Week Ending:||10 Jun||3 Jun||27 May||20 May||13 May||6 May||29 Apr||22 Apr|
"Remixed" is a collection of previous songs by City of Satellites that have been—you |
guessed it!—remixed by a coterie of DJs into an electronic boutique arranged to please.
While the weaker tracks are good, the strong tracks are absolutely amazing; this is
some fine shoegaze/dreampop material. I HIGHLY recommend [1, 4, 6, 7] depending
on your tastes. RIYL Saturdays=Youth, Still Corners, or the soft turquoise glow of a
computer monitor while rain pours down your window. No FCCs detected
01. [4:20] ** Machine Is My Animal -- Incredibly chill pop track, like looking at the sun
from under three feet of water.
02. [4:34] Victor! Burn City Lights -- Kicks in at 5 seconds in. Vocals keep you swaying
and synth winds in and out, sounding like an older M83 track
03. [6:39] Stranger Than Fiction -- Tron's bastard child. 8bit drum samples and dreamy
vocals; semibladerunnercore (can I even say that?) that fades into...house?
04. [8:43] ** Moon in the Sea -- When hackers go on dates, they play this music. No,
not those bearded UNIX guys; I'm talking about Angelina "Acid Burn" Jolie and
Jonny "Crash Override" Miller hacking Gibsons and making out in a pool. Slow
and remote as a galactic collision viewed from a space station. Give it a shot.
05. [4:07] BMX -- Start-and-stop arrangement with adolescent vocals.
06. [4:11] ** Control -- Perfectly blend of sampled drums, atmospheric synth,
processed-to-hell guitars, and dreamy vocals. Oh. Yeah.
07. [5:49] ** Skeletons -- Clean guitars and a wall of synth sound lead to a tasteful
blend of dreampop and post-rock. Great way to finish off the album.