|Darkness Falls / Alive In Us|
|Add Date:||2012-04-14|| ||Pull Date:||2012-06-17|| |
|Week Ending:||17 Jun||10 Jun||3 Jun||27 May||20 May||13 May||6 May||29 Apr|
Darkness Falls – Alive in Us|
Copenhagen-based duo of female vocalists. English-language lyrics. Reminds of Frou Frou, Metric on track 4, Neko Case on track 5, but struck me as overall an original sound very much worth a listen. Varied instruments, moodie indie-pop with a country twang. Harpsichord?, theremin?! tambourine, guitar. Sounds like the soundtrack for a (good) bohemian movie. Lush, spacey, harmonies with delicious depth. Female duet approaching drone in track 2 adds spooky fun. No FCCs detected. I liked tracks 2,3,5,11. Reviewed by Eliza Ridgeway
1. Intro: nature noises, no music as such
2. Noise on the Line
3. 100 Meter Mind Dash: Twang, layered female vocals, down-tempo.
4. The Void: Old-skool sci-fi themes mixed with a main tune reminiscent of Metric.
5. Night Will Be Dawn: Vocals + reverb reminiscent of Neko Case. Funky buzz sound effect at 4 minutes followed by jam session with an organ and I don’t know what all else.
7. Alive In Us
8. Paradise Trilogy II: Sweeping fanciful instrumentals and vocals along the lines of “woo ooo ooo”
9. Timeline: More intense, darker, heavier beat
10. Before The Light Takes Us: Slightly harder edged, electric guitars, rocking
11. Hey! Return to the spooky (theremin?!)
12. Paradise Trilogy III