|Jamison, Henry / Rains, The|
|Add Date:||2017-03-22|| ||Pull Date:||2017-05-24|| |
“The Rains” Henry Jamison|
Impressive debut from Vermont-based singer-songwriter. The music is modern indie folk-pop. The poetic lyrics are honest and true to the emotions being expressed. Arrangements are simple, yet precise. All tracks are beautifully performed and sung. Highly recommended!
Recommended: 1, 2, 3. FCC on Track 4.
1. (3:54) Dallas Love Field – Acoustic guitar and Jamison’s rich tenor. Distant pedal steel guitar, with stately percussion added for energy. ****
2. (3:53) Real Peach – Slower ballad. Wistful and warm. Airy synth bed with strummed acoustic guitar. A bit of a banjo as well. ***
3. (3:32) The Rains – Fingerpicked guitar in a lilting melody with slightly eerie ghost-like backing vocals. Intriguing, circular rhythm. ***
4. (3:00) Through a Glass – Introspective, storytelling tune with almost spoken lyrics about a relationship that went badly and how Jamison dealt with it. FCC: I don’t give a f-ck.
5. (3:27) No One Told Me – Harmonized lead vocals featuring Jamison and a female vocalist. Steady timekeeping beat under a swirling synth soundscape.