|Add Date:||2017-09-14|| ||Pull Date:||2017-11-16|| |
|Week Ending:||24 Sep||17 Sep|
Goldfrapp, the lady electro legend, is back at it again. Her classic falsetto vocals. The imaginative, daring synth lines. The foot-tapping beats and the emotional lamentations. Rejoice! They’re all here!|
RIYL CHVRCHES, Robyn, Portishead, Telefon Tel Aviv
Recommended tracks: 1, 2, 5, 8, 10
1. (3:55) Midtempo, big opener swells to wobbling, ear-overwhelming synth at the chorus. Breathy vocals about how we just can’t wait anymore.
2. (3:38) Plodding marching beat with beautiful harmonies overlaid. Scratching synth like a blaring horn.
3. (4:14) Mid-downtempo, calmer ode to the tigerman. Synth swirling in outer space and singing with few vocal effects.
4. (4:44) Robotic beat channeling Kraftwerk. Repetitive vocoded lyrics, but the synth is infectious.
5. (5:02) Downtempo, beautiful, complexly layered vocals with a surefooted, chugging beat. A techno lament.
6. (5:04) Another etherial slow ballad that twinkles and grinds, but less inspiring than “Faux Suede Drifter.”
7. (4:39) An even gentler down- to midtempo Goldfrapp falsetto techno lullaby.
8. (5:07) Gaining energy again with a pleasant, upbeat, harmonized, synthy jam.
9. (4:03) Downtempo falsetto vocals backed up by undulating synth. Staring at the moon, but like the ocean waves are crashing against your ears at night.
10. (4:27) Starts off simply, then builds to a HUGE synth swell at the chorus. Complex drumbeats and a simple minor-key melody combine to create something really interesting. Goldfrapp is angry and she ain’t gonna take it anymore.