|Add Date:||2017-09-08|| ||Pull Date:||2017-11-10|| |
|Week Ending:||17 Sep||10 Sep|
Liars have been in a state of flux their whole career. Dance-punk, experimental rock, spooky ambience and hard-nosed techno make up some of their many mutations. Surprisingly, they’ve thrived with each new sound. TFCF is a fractured, aching record, formed from clattering drum loops, eerie acoustics and hollowed-out vocals. Most of the songs lead into each other while still allowing each song to transform into something new and interesting.|
Like: No Age, Lightning Bolt, Sunns, Clinic.
Play: 2, 5, 7, 8, 10
1. The Grand Delusional (3:35) - Slow-burning fire broken harmonies with an electronic kick in its second half.
2. Cliché Suite (3:36) - Otherworldly tones with experimental sounds.
3. Staring At Zero (2:36) - Electronic beats and melodies, modulating on a simple bass plug.
4. No Help Pamphlet (3:27) - Bowie-esque acoustic guitar, flutters its vocals in a fragile wave.
5. Face To Face With My Face (4:25) - Low fidelity with haunting vocal soars.
6. Emblems of Another Story (4:49) - Sci-fi synths set the mood to the drums beat down hard.
7. No Tree No Branch (3:31) - Races along with its extremely controlled chaos of guitars and piano.
8. Cred Woes (3:47) - Loud beats and a elegantly simple yet catchy electronic synth line.
9. Coins In My Caged Fist (3:29) - Trippy with shrieking electronics and loud bass cutting through.
10. Ripe Ripe Rot (2:36) - Slow energy mix of dense horns.
11. Crying Fountain (2:06) - Ethereal tones carries ambiance to close out in a heavy mood.