|Dream Syndicate, The / How Did I Find Myself Here?|
|Add Date:||2017-12-31|| ||Pull Date:||2018-03-04|| |
|Week Ending:||18 Feb||11 Feb||4 Feb||28 Jan||21 Jan||14 Jan||7 Jan|
How Did I Find Myself Here? Is the first studio album in 29 years by the mythical and highly influential Los Angeles psych rock band, The Dream Syndicate. Associated always with the Paisley Underground sound - jangle pop originated in California - The Dream Syndicate constructs a compelling and absorbing recording with How Did I Find Myself Here? mixing jangle pop, post-punk, and atmospheric noise rock effortlessly. It’s a mixture between the sweetness of Luna, the distortion of Bailter Space, and the early energy of B.R.M.C. One of the best comebacks in years and one of my favorite albums of 2017.|
RIYL: The Dream Syndicate!
Recommended Tracks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8!!
1. (3:55) *** Filter Me Through You – Medium-up tempo guitar driven psychedelica. Nice touch with the synths. It sounds like a transitional piece. Very welcome.
2. (6:23) *** Glide – Space rock a la Dream Syndicate. Feels timeless. Medium-up tempo.
3. (4:11) ** Out Of My Head – Upbeat tempo. Solid guitars, cool vibe.
4. (4:16) ** 80 West – More closer to their early stuff. Loud and vocal driven. Medium-up tempo.
5. (4:58) *** Like Mary – Another piece constructed around old blueprints. Medium tempo. Killer guitars and vocals.
6. (4:34) The Circle – Upbeat loud guitar driven piece. Intense.
7. (11:14) How Did I Find Myself Here – Space jam with jazzy-psych rock tones. Medium tempo. Long guitar jams. The Doors would be proud.
8. (6:22) **** Kendra's Dream – Mesmerizing recording constructed around Kendra Smith’s haunting vocals (guest singing here) and an on-and-off hypnotic guitar riff. I particularly love the existential lyrics. My favorite song on the album.