|Daniel, Jay / Broken Knowz|
Instrumental tracks from Detroit house scene breakout Jay Daniel. Mostly uptempo, but not overly energetic, the songs take us on a synthy, bassy, drummy journey into the sounds of the studio - but the tracks are clear and not overproduced. A crisp house sound to jam out and night ride to.|
RIYL Kyle Hall, Carl Craig, Omar-S
Recommended tracks: 2, 4, 5, 7
1. (2:39) Clapping beat with bells jingling over an off-kilter synth line.
2. (4:42) Gentle swirling over a smooth keyboard line and an uptempo cowbell.
3. (3:03) Muddy siren grinding with distorted vocals, breaking into laughter and fast-moving industrial chiming.
4. (6:13) Drum-heavy, base-heavy minimalist journey that gets synthy about midway through. Creative arrangements.
5. (6:01) Stuttering base with a synth melody played over that juts in and out. Quieter synth swells follow.
6. (5:50) Rattling your brain with lots of tinny treble, and then an '80s synth line comes in to make it a wonderful melodic surprise.
7. (8:27) Smooth chirping with a continual bass breakdown into a multilayered groove of jingling drums and clear-toned synth.
8. (1:27) A super-smooth short interlude. Driving with the windows down groove with drum and very cool synth.
9. (6:47) Purely drumming and base making me want to move. Uptempo swirling with a familiar synth line reprisal from track 7.