Josco & Spheruleus|
Reviewed by BravoMarco
Rich waves of ambient drone from Josco & Spheruleu – Another relaxing release from the Eilean record label. Comprising of field recordings from around the world, these subtle textures compliment the warm drone to perfection. Josco is an Irish artist based in China & his partner on this project is accomplished English experimental producer Harry Towell (Spheruleus)
Like: Hakobune, Tatsuro Kojima, Greenhouse
All great – Loving 3 & 6
No FCC’s (All Instrumentals)
1) Samila (10.02) Waves of static drone filled with delight.
2) Kilis (10.04) Delicate static with the background audio adds to the charm.
3) Tungsao (8.58) Street sounds fade to leave a lovely percussion based slow moving piece.
4) Praterstern (6.26) Slightly harsher static underneath the gentle sounds.
5) Kru Ze (15.54) Pulses & vibrates along at steady relaxed pace. Goes through the stages of ambient, mild industrial & even a faint hint at a black metal intro.
6) Solva (6.22) Slow paced hypnotic trance with whispering vocals in the background.