Two Shadows Collide
(Ba Da Bing! Records)
Reviewed by BravoMarco
Enchanting experimental drone from Amir Abbey. The Pacific North West is certainly at the forefront of this genre. Short track times make this an ideal introduction into ambient drone.
Like: Former Selves, Gregg Skloff, Distant Reader, Greenhouse,
All great – Loving 2,3,6
No FCC’s (All Instrumentals)
1) Touch (5.04) Soft drone that builds gradually & then fades out.
2) Two Shadows (5.32) Mellow synths with aching flourishes. Long outro.
3) Lost (2.14) Music built from the wind. Glorious.
4) A Dream On Third (8.27) Ethereal touches, unrushed drone, slightly staticy towards the conclusion.
5) Possession (4.17) Slow & deliberate strings that become more menacing.
6) Memory Within Memory (3.55) Delicate piano piece with a gritty texture underneath. Background waves are sublime.
7) In Wind (3.27) Deep bass sounds that have that hypnotic quality. Long fade.
8) Collide (6.37) Pensive finish. Blends the light & dark to perfection.