|Weathers, Andrew / Dreams and Visions From the Llano Estacado|
|Album:||Dreams and Visions From the Llano Estacado||Collection:||General|
|1.||Apr 30, 2020:||Stranded at Settembrini's |
Sand Tide / Shinoak
First solo album by Andrew Weathers in a few years, written and recorded for a tour in 2018. This album explores the part of West Texas that Weathers now calls home, and the music merges ambient, new age, and Western soundtrack textures. Trippy and excellent. RIYL William Tyler, Boxhead Enemble, Barn Owl, Jon Hassell, Mute Duo, SUSS. Favorites: 1, 6, 7. No words, no FCCs.|
1. *(3:23)—Placid interlocking keys and electric guitar, whirring sounds, kinda Durutti Column.
2. (4:26)—Sci-fi drones, solo guitar with a slightly organ-like tone.
3. (4:27)—Glitchy bleeps and soft percussion, slow electric guitar strumming.
4. (6:26)—Wobbling, airplane-like drone. Slowly repeated guitar melody. Jittery minor-key synths.
5. (2:08)—Water sounds? Starts a little chaotic, resolves into focus.
6. *(4:57)—Fast, bright vibraphone-like (?) synths. Cool deep bass, muted guitar tones.
7. *(9:06)—Standout favorite. Drone in D, great guitar line. Starts slow and minimal, gets increasingly saturated and hallucinatory over time. The last two minutes are particularly gorgeous.
|1.||Northwest Escarpment||4.||Salt / Permeable Erth|
|2.||Wind / Plastic||5.||Satin Spar|
|3.||Wind / Air||6.||Wildfire / Wind|
|7.||Sand Tide / Shinoak|